Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the necessities of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments.The Director of Field Operations provides the strategic vision and leads the planning and implementation efforts for the Dragos Field Operations team. Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success, the leader is responsible for developing strategies and operations to deliver best-in-class services (i.e., network architecture, deployment planning, implementation and tuning) to help customers accelerate their use, adoption and success with the Platform. The Director of Field Operations works to build and scale a delivery business in a bold, fast-moving, transparent and values-led organization to enable customer and company success.
Be the leader of the team that’s hands-on and onsite at power plants, substations, manufacturing floors, and refineries (just to name a few), while performing installations and assisting our customer partners in monitoring and safeguarding their infrastructure.Responsibilities
- Lead the team responsible for planning and implementation of the Dragos Platform in customers environments, overseeing resource management, project delivery and operational success metrics
- Monitor the quality of services and customer satisfaction for all projects delivered
- Identify and develop programs to accelerate Platform usage and adoption
- Develop methods to bridge the gap between onsite training, and advanced LMS and 5-day training programs
- Be accountable for financial goals and metrics including bookings, revenue, gross margin and utilization
- Own operational metrics such as time-to-value, customer satisfaction and on-time completion of projects
- Build and scale global operations (i.e., people, process, systems and tools) to deliver a best-in-class customer experience while building effective and efficient delivery methodologies, and identifying continuous improvements
- Develop and manage the partner strategy and ecosystem in partnership with our Channel team to maintain a global network of certified partners that deliver with consistent quality
- Be ready to step in, manage customer expectations, and locate cross functional team members to resolve customer snarls; work together with other business leaders toward a common goal of strong customer relationships, excellent support and customer satisfaction
- Act as an evangelist for Field Operations, assisting Sales with selling and serving as an executive sponsor for our strategic customers
- Work with Engineering and Product management to prioritize issue escalation and customer enhancement requests
- Assist Dragos Intel and Threat Operations Center on projects
- Drive technical documentation and content for internal and customer consumption
- 7+ years of proven experience leading and managing a field operations team of 20+ people in a fast-paced, growing company
- 5 years’ experience in industry (i.e. controls engineer) or InfoSec (ICS cyber security experience ideal)
- Experience managing delivery partners
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling a field operations team with accountability for financial targets
- 5 years’ experience with a subscription-based business model, delivering on-premises and SaaS solutions
- Must have a good understanding of IP networks, OSI model, Purdue model, ICS protocols
- Experience with Linux (command line), CENTOS, Docker, scripting languages (python shell, etc.) preferred
- Experienced with software development lifecycle and frameworks (i.e., SDLC, agile), software development tools, technologies, and/or cloud platforms (AWS)
- Must have excellent communication skills and good customer-facing demeanor and understand how to set customer expectations
- Ability to be serve customers according to Dragos values
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Completion of initiatives to improve quality, reliability and repeatability of services
- Financial success for the field operations organization (i.e., bookings, revenue, project and gross margin, revenue per employee and billable employee)
- Delivery metrics (i.e., customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, utilization)
Dragos seeks passionate, hard-working, fun-loving, small-ego, big-brained people. Our tagline is ‘Safeguarding Civilization’ not because we think highly of ourselves, but because the problems we are solving are critically important today, and in the years to come. We look for ICS experts across industries who are committed to growing global expertise in the space by training the next wave of future innovators and thought leaders.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k and life insurance.
Dragos is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Come join us!