We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
We have backed more than 2,400 companies or 5,000+ entrepreneurs in 75+ countries. Notable investments in the 500 portfolio include Credit Karma, Twilio, Canva, Grab, Bukalapak, The RealReal, Talkdesk, Knotel, Udemy, and Ipsy. Most significantly, those companies have helped create thousands of jobs and delighted millions of customers all over the world. Because of our global network and expertise, we are in a unique position to build startups ecosystems worldwide.
500 Startups - a leading global venture capital firm and startup accelerator - is seeking an entrepreneurial, adaptable professional to lead the commercial scaling of its Global Innovation business throughout the Americas.
The Global Innovation team works with governments, large enterprises, and foundations in:
- Building startup ecosystems throughout the world
- Educating individual and corporate investors in venture capital
- Facilitating mutually-beneficial relationships between startups and corporates
Our worldwide footprint and deep expertise in working with startups allow us to provide unparalleled access and advice to our partners.
To help drive this business forward, we are looking for an experienced professional to lead a team in scaling the business across the Americas. Success in this role will require a distinctive blend of commercial leadership, product thinking, and entrepreneurial passion.
- Drive 500 Startups to become the preferred provider for innovation and ecosystem services
- Lead a commercial team in generating new business across the public and private sectors
- Collaborate closely with client services teams in engineering our services for scale
- Develop creative solutions to help meet partner needs using 500’s broad range of resources
- Contribute to the global strategy of the Innovation and Partnerships business
Our work has included:
- Helping technology companies build their presence in the startup ecosystem and drive adoption of new platforms
- Supporting corporate partners in developing early-stage venture investment deal flow
- Developing custom executive education programs on venture investment and open innovation
- Bringing the best practices and knowledge of Silicon Valley to other domestic and international markets in the form of bootcamps and accelerators
- Building bridges between Silicon Valley and other markets in exchange programs for founders and other key ecosystem players
You are a good fit if you:
- Are comfortable managing to ambitious revenue targets
- Are passionate about technology, startups, and innovation
- Have experience launching and scaling new client offerings, especially in a services business
- Are confident in building relationships with senior executives
- Are naturally collaborative and can bring in stakeholders from different teams to help close deals
- Can provide world-class coaching and guidance to team members
- Can maintain high-quality work product while operating under tight timelines
- Eat ambiguity and change for breakfast
- Have 10+ years of client-facing experience, especially in professional or corporate services
- Authorization to work in the United States
Nice to have:
- Experience working in/with corporate innovation teams and government agencies
- Familiarity with the venture capital industry
- Track record of strong performance in a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
- Experience living and/or working outside the United States
- Ability to speak widely-used business languages other than English, especially Spanish
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Opportunities for rapid advancement
- Highly entrepreneurial, driven team
- Unlimited PTO, plus Holidays
- Eligibility to participate in Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Eligibility to participate in the 401(k) Plan with matching
- The opportunity to work with phenomenal people around the world!