Parallel Education Division is hiring Substitute Teachers for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year. We specialize in providing Substitute Teachers to Public, Private and Charter schools and are currently partners with over 500 schools across the nation. All degree fields and careers are welcome, including retirees. Whether you are interested in pursuing teaching or are interested in employment with flexible hours, we would enjoy speaking with you.
Flexible scheduling is available with full-time or part-time hours. You create your own schedule!
Job Description amp; Responsibilities:
The role and responsibility of the Substitute Teacher includes carrying out necessary daily tasks and responsibilities in place of the Teacher whose absence is being substituted.
- Reviewing and implementing lesson plans prepared by the absent teacher including regular routines and procedures.
- Possessing strong classroom management skills.
- Mentoring and engaging students.
- Demonstrating a passion for working with students.
- Creating a safe and nurturing educational learning environment.
- Maintaining a positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times.
- Establishing positive relationships with Parallel staff as well as school administrators, teachers, families and students
- Serve as a role model for the purpose of demonstrating professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, colleagues, and community members.
- Identify instructional resources and strategies to address the needs of individual students with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits and other related duties for the purpose of ensuring an effective work environment as monitored and assigned by the building level principal. Ensure implementation of all modifications and accommodation for students with special needs.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures for the purpose of documenting students progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a positive climate where students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- *Identify instructional resources and strategies to address the needs of individual students with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
- Assess student progress towards objective, expectations, and/or standards for the purpose of determining gains in student performance and provide feedback to school administration.
- One of the following Kansas teaching licenses: Professional, Initial, Exchange, Standard Substitute or Emergency Substitute
- If you do not have a Kansas teaching license, but you have a minimum of at least 60 college credit hours, you are eligible to apply for an Emergency Substitute teaching license.
- Bachelors Degree and teacher preparation program (standard license) or 60 semester hours of coursework (emergency license)
- Fingerprint and Criminal History Background Screening with positive results
- Excellent Communication Skills
- TB Test with negative results
- Positive Attitude
- Must be able to work a computer or laptop (virtual teaching)
Take advantage of Substitute Teaching as a stepping stone to further your career! Many of our schools offer direct hire for full-time permanent placement teaching positions. Choose from hundreds of open jobs 24/7 using our online system or utilize our live dispatch center operating under extended business hours.
- Benefits offered for eligible employees
- Weekly electronic pay
- Referral bonuses
Don’t have a Substitute Permit? NO PROBLEM! Our local representatives are here to guide you.
As a Substitute with Parallel Education Division, you will enjoy meaningful work with a dynamic company that strives towards excellence in education and learning. We look forward to having you join our team!
Parallel Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Parallel is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Parallel are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal/state laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Parallel will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary