TechFlow is looking for a Datacenter Program Manager / IT Operations Manager to lead a team of Cloud Operations Engineers and build processes that meet our government client's business needs. We are looking for a proven technology manager with experience in people management, strong technical understanding, and the drive and vision to take Cloud Data Center Operations to the next level. The successful candidate will have current IT support and operations center experience across a range of technologies.
The Datacenter Program Manager / IT Operations Manager's responsibilities include tracking, performing cost-benefit analyses, and monitoring production KPIs.
To be a successful Datacenter Program Manager / IT Operations Manager, you should have experience in the same or similar role, managing data center operations and setting goals across the entire team. You should also demonstrate great leadership skills and be able to communicate the vision of the organization's goals across all levels. Ultimately, you will ensure that all operational functions are in line with our strategic goals.
The Datacenter Program Manager / IT Operations Manager requires a candidate with the proven IT technical ability to drive continuous improvement and the ability to keep pace with our rapid growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment. It is considered a mix of hands-on and management.
- Management of multiple projects through their entire lifecycle from proposal to closure focusing on customer driven requirements related to the IT infrastructure of their Data Centers on-prem and in the cloud (AWS or Azure).
- Maximize the efficiency of all operational procedures
- Establish production KPIs and conduct quality assessments
- Monitor daily operations and address potential issues when they arise
- Build processes that meet our business objectives and ensure compliance
- Take into account the needs of external and internal stakeholders and incorporate them into new strategic plans
- Extensive use of tools such as Visio, SharePoint and familiarity with multiple platforms including Linux/UNIX, Windows as well as several network storage devices.
- Extensive communications with customers, vendors, and senior management to include briefing, status meetings, and test events such as Disaster Recoveries (DRs).
- Ensuring system uptime criteria are met by resolving technical issues or system failures, identifying and reporting and resolving incidents, staff planning, training, and hiring, and interfacing with Customer Technical Representative (COTR) to address issues requiring higher level escalation such as degraded system status.
- Seven (7)+ years or more experience as a Federal Datacenter Program Manager or IT Operations Manager or in a similar role with on-site and cloud technologies including one or more of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service Products
- Seven (7)+ years managing people in a technical environment in multiple, large-scale Data Center Infrastructure projects including on-prem to new cloud-based sites
- Previous experience leading from inception to deployment, coordinate and track the progress of a multiple Data Center Migration from multiple on-prem sites to a consolidated Co-Lo Data Center as well as stand up a new Cloud-based Disaster Recovery site.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT discipline
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation.
- Eligibility requirement: Current/active DHS EOD Public Trust and eligibility to obtain "Secret" or Top Secret Clearance if required.
- MBA or graduate degree in a management field with emphasis on business operations and strategy.
- Ten (10)+ years of relevant work experience in management consulting focused on large scale complex operational and strategic initiatives.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and help us build an agile workplace!
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental amp; Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick amp; Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term amp; Long Term Disability
- Training amp; Development
- Wellness Resources
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary amp; ADamp;D)