Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons amp; Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex is currently looking for a FreelancePartner Solutions Manager within our Brand Partnerships Studio (Ad Sales - Marketing) division based in Los Angeles. The Freelance Manager, Partner Solutions will lead strategic campaign development, management and execution for our brand partners.
This candidate will be responsible for overseeing cross-functional collaboration, client communication and ensuring successful campaign delivery.
- Develop a scope of work document and campaign tracker sheet for assigned projects that accurately outlines all campaign details, timelines, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with internal departments (Strategy, Production, Talent, Editorial, Branded Content, AdOps, Design, Web Dev, etc.) during the project planning amp; execution phases.
- Function as the day-to-day contact for internal departments and clients to ensure all deliverables are timely and accurate. Provide the necessary direction and support teams on both the tasks and deliverables required.
- Work closely with the production and experiential teams to co-produce branded video shoots, photoshoots, and events.
- Drive campaigns to completion within scope, budget, and timeframe.
- Lead internal/external campaign kick-off calls and client status meetings.
- Respond to sensitive client concerns and questions in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Be solutions-oriented and able to quickly brainstorm on workarounds for any risks or problems that arise.
- Ensure client objectives and guidelines are defined and that client feedback is incorporated into deliverables and shared promptly for approval.
- Ask detailed and probing questions to get the information needed to determine the best course of action/ strategy for the campaign.
- Deliver updates to both internal teams and clients on the campaign’s status and project risks. Understand when a risk/issue needs to be escalated to management.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus constraints.
- Lead key lessons learned discussions to highlight the campaign’s successes and room for improvement.
- 3+ years of experience in content marketing/branded entertainment production or project management.
- This role requires excellent relationship building, problem-solving, and strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with digital media and content production across various media platforms (digital, branded content, social).
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal team and clients.
- Passion for lifestyle verticals, including fashion, music, sports, gaming, and pop culture.
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, and the ability to collaborate with a team and work independently.
Complex offers a casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team-building activities
About Complex Networks:
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that reaches the coveted 18-24 year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched their very first ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the Internet to Life. The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.