Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schoolsgrowing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.The Permanent Substitute teacher will provide coverage for teachers across all subject areas for their school using lessons provided by the lead teacher. If there is no coverage needed, they will provide support as needed at their assigned school.
This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring educators to obtain hands-on teaching experience at DREAM’s high-performing schools, while receiving regular professional development and ongoing feedback and support to propel their growth.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement lesson plans provided by the lead teacher
- Build a warm and inclusive classroom environment where students can succeed
- Create and maintain strong relationships with students and families
- Actively participate in grade-level meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development
- Accept ultimate responsibility for the academic progress of their students, and work to actively overcome setbacks
- Perform additional duties, as assigned
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families and community
- A commitment to working with diverse populations of families and students, including those at risk of educational failure
- Flexibility and desire to support students across grade levels, as needed
- Experience working in schools and with students from underserved communities, preferred
- Must be able to work in-person at the school during the specified hours
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, including a booster dose. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation mattersit enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dreamalong with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.DREAM is Family.Fun is a Serious Value.Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.Fail. Persist. Exceed.DREAM Big.