At Yardzen, we believe people are at their best when they’re outside.
We have a simple promise: to help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online. Then to match them with the right pros to bring their design to life. Since our launch in 2018 we’ve helped thousands of homeowners achieve their dream yards, make environmentally responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces.
In short order we’ve become the nation’s most active landscape design firm, using technology and a vast network of local landscape contractors to disrupt the $100 billion outdoor renovation industry. We’ve been written about by Architectural Digest, New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, the Wall Street Journal and Forbes Magazine. And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for energetic, passionate team players to join our team and help us grow our Yardzen network of highly qualified and top-rated, licensed landscape professionals. As a Pro Network Market Development Associate (Seasonal)
you will join a small team focused on researching, outreaching and educating landscape professionals about the Yardzen opportunity. You will be focused on expanding the community of Yardzen preferred contractors within specific regions of the United States with the goal being to onboard quality landscape professionals onto the Yardzen platform. The contractor community you help build will be responsible for bringing Yardzen clients’ designs to life in their yards. This is a temporary position.
As a Temporary Pro Network Market Development Associate you’ll be responsible for:
- Outreaching to qualified landscape contractors via phone, SMS and email to generate interest and commitment in joining Yardzen’s platform.
- Performing initial outreach to potential landscape partners as well as following up with warm leads.
- Spending over 60% of your time on the phone with landscape professionals.
- Researching and prospecting to build an ongoing pipeline of qualified and vetted contractors in your geographic regions.
- Executing multi-touch and multi-channel outreach approaches to move landscape professionals through the decision-making process.
- Building rapport and educating landscape contractors on the benefits of partnering with Yardzen.
- Gaining commitment from a wide range of landscape professionals to join Yardzen’s contractor network.
- Accurately tracking outreach, activities and status in Yardzen’s systems.
- Representing Yardzen in a way that aligns with our mission and values.
- Meeting or exceeding weekly and monthly contractor onboarding targets.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a business or sales development role with a proven track record of achieving sales and quota targets.
- You have experience selling over the phone and cold calling.
- You are motivated to exceed your goals you do not settle for the status quo and strive to be the best.
- You’re energized by the prospect of helping landscape contractors grow their businesses and helping expand the Yardzen contractor network.
- You (ideally) have experience working with landscape professionals or similar types of small businesses owners.
- You are a creative problem solver and a convincing communicator -knowing how to alter your message to meet the needs of your audience.
- You are resilient, energized by experimentation and innovation.
- You’re strong at multitasking, self-sufficient at problem-solving, and capable of managing a diverse and often shifting set of responsibilities.
- You are comfortable working with CRM systems, google suite, etc.
- You have past startup experience or are comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.
- You believe in the benefits of outdoor living -- from wellness boosts to property value increases.
Since April 2020, we're a remote-first organization. We believe work is a thing you do, not a place you go, and that we can stay connected as an organization from anywhere. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and autonomy create the best results.
We believe health and wellness are essential to happiness. At Yardzen, each teammate receives a monthly wellness stipend, competitive benefits, and an additional stipend to create your home office space. We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values. We believe in the power of community and connection and have an inclusive, fun, and positive team culture. We urge you to get outside!
Sound good? Let’s talk. We're venture-backed, value great design, natural light, and fresh air. Come join our growing team and be a part of something big. We can't wait to hear from you.