Note! Apply link will take you to an external website.
Business Intelligence Data Engineer
Shippo, United States
As mentioned in job details
Jan 11, 2022
Feb 11, 2022
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
We are seeking a new senior Business Intelligence Data Engineer! You will be responsible for building analytics systems to process and transform data of massive scale into valuable operational and business insights for our internal and external customers. You should have a strong background in Data and Business Analysis, possess problem-solving aptitude and have good communication skills.
The Business Intelligence data engineer will collaborate closely with the rest of Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Product, and business leads in generating internal dashboards, ad hoc reports, and models to provide insights and affect platform behavior. This will also include building and maintaining the business intelligence infrastructure and tools to present data with the most effective data visualization techniques and artifacts to ensure that stakeholders are able to digest the insights from the analyzed datasets.Responsibilities and Impact
- Design, develop, scale and evolve our self-service business intelligence solutions (e.g. Reports / Dashboards / Visualizations).Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Looker), including but not limited to Administration.
- Translate business requirements into efficient visualizations, dashboards and reports with business intelligence tools.
- Collaborate with data engineering and business teams to improve the data models and data elements that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-informed decision making across the organization.
- Continuously identify needs and opportunities for improved data quality and management and delivery.
- Articulate and present findings and recommendations at different levels, with a clear bias towards impactful learning and resultsEmbody Shippo’s cultural values in your everyday work and interactions
- Advocate for a data-informed decision making culture
- 3+ years of experience in BI or data engineering.Expertise in one or more BI Platform (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Experience in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data analysis In-depth understanding of database management systems and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Strong SQL skills - Able to write/analyze complex SQL queriesAdept to learn new technologies and applications quickly
- Strong problem-solving, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze business processes, best practices, data lifecycles, and standard operating process
- Deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success
- Exhibit core behaviors focused on craftsmanship, continuous improvement, and team success
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Benefits and Perks
- Experience with implementing ETL process
- Prior Experience on Looker Platform.
- Work Experience with Python.
- Prior Experience on Cloud Data Warehouse (e.g. AWS Redshift).Experience using Source Control(git) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with advanced data analysis using machine learning a plus
Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement 2 weeks shut down during summer and winter3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events $2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growthCharity donation match up to $100Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, escape room adventures, hikes, and more!
Information Technology and Services - San Jose, United States