Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS is collaborating with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with new groundbreaking high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. The mission is to deploy fusion power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To execute this plan, we are looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well, improve our team by adding diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits, and have skill sets and experience that relate to this role.You will assist the engineering team by providing with design and drafting support using Siemens NX CAD platform and Teamcenter PLM system. You will work within a muti-disciplinary team of physicists and engineers as part of collaborative sponsored research projects at the MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center and within CFS. This individual will be a team player and a good communicator. They have a strong sense of responsibility and commitment towards producing accurate CAD models and drawings.
This team member will:
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary and proven team of top scientists and engineers
- Provide CAD design/drafting support using NX and Teamcenter
- Estimate time required to complete support activities
- Communicate with engineering teams to review drawing changes to suit manufacturing process capabilities
- Communicate designs and design changes with SPARC engineering team.
- Assist in creating engineering BOMs on drawings and Teamcenter
- Provide mechanical engineering support for resolution of field and manufacturing issues via drawing changes
- Report on and be accountable for project progress to the Head of 3D CAD Integration
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Associates degree in Mechanical and/or Industrial engineering required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in creating drawings for mechanical parts using NX CAD systems
- Experience creating assembly drawings of mechanisms and drawing BOMs
- Experience with drawing reviews/checking
- Exceptional attention to detail
- An ability to clearly express and critique ideas
- Candidate will have the technical depth and proven experience to create and review drawings to ASME Y14.100 and ASME Y14.5 standards
- Candidate will demonstrate knowledge of GDamp;T
- Candidate will be familiar with standard fabrication techniques
- Values that align with our company’s values of integrity, execution, impact, and self-critique
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
- Understand dimensional tolerance capabilities of castings, machine parts, and sheet metal components.
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency using NX CAD platform to design and create fabrication drawings.
- Proficiency using Team Center
- Ability to perform activities such as sitting and typing for extended periods of time
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.